Pages

Ads 468x60px

Thursday, December 22, 2011

• 冬 •至 • Winter solstice •

2 days ago, I saw someone posted "Tang Yuan / glutinous rice dumplings" in FB.



I thought, oh wow, I'm gonna miss my Winter solstice celebration with my family again. I will miss eating "Tang Yuan" again.

Previously for the 4 years I studied in university, I missed all this festival celebration with my family.

It's not a big deal but I love the feeling that by the day before this festival, my mom start to knead the flour, put natural vegetable like yam, pandan leaves and tapioca  as the flour's natural colouring, rub them into round shape and boiled them. After it's cooked, my mom will tell everyone to eat. You can eat as much as you want.

So well okay, since I am outstation now, nothing to complain.

So JenJen pay me a visit around these days.

She brought me a whole box of these.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Tang yuan with peanut butter and tausa inside.

She made it for whole afternoon, and frozen them and brought over here, with pandan leaves and rock candy.



It means a lot for me.

Anyhow, wish all of my blog readers...




-closedown-

0 comments: