Pages

Ads 468x60px

Monday, July 14, 2014

Where is Our Humaity?



I just watch this short video which filmed to test humanity of people in India.

The video's result is heart breaking. The most heart breaking part is the Youtuber who act as injured man, was hoping for humanity of his people but things didn't turn out as his expectation.

He was so disappointed and finally raged at the end of the shooting, scolding those bystanders who didn't lend their hands but watched a man died like a Truman show.

He scolded them so hard that... it feels like he's scolding me.

I'm ashamed.

Thus, I feel like I have to tell this story.

A story of my own.

Yeah! Jojo's story time! Let's grab some popcorn!

◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲◤◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲◤◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲◤

Few years ago, when I was sending my ex going back home, I drove through a road that I used to drive almost everyday.

When we're almost home, we saw one woman walked alone along the roadside.

Let me describe how she looks.

She's a chubby woman.

She has blonde hair. Looks like a tourist, not local.

She looked crippled and walking like she's physically injured.

She dressed in white shirt and short casual pant.

After so many years, I can't forget the way she walked, a woman who walk alone in the dark.

My memory is so poor but I just can't forget.

As I passed through her, I asked my ex that whether we need to stop and see that woman need help or not.

She asked me not to, saying that we might be exposed in danger if we went down to help.

When I sent her back to her home, she made me promised her that I shouldn't go and check again because it's DANGEROUS.

I promised her.

On the return, I was wondering that I need to check her out or not.

I didn't have the chance because I didn't see her anymore.

When I was finally home, I reported to police through message and one of the policeman called me.

He asked me in a very fierce voice, just to check whether it's a false case or not, I told him the location and details.

He hang up and I believe he will patrolled to there to investigate.

What happen to her?

I will never know.

The thing is, till nowadays, I am still regret that I didn't stop there at the first spot and see if she's really a victim or not.

Often time, we read many news that many of the bad people out there always scam or rob nice people who try to lend their hands.

We learn the hard way and we concealed our morale, it's better to be a bystander just to be SAFE.

I may excuses myself not to help if I'm a girl because it's higher potential for a girl to be victim, but I'm a guy, I can fight or run.

For me, if I have the chance again, I will certainly stop there to ask if she needs any help or not.

If you're saying I might get mug/rob/stab, I shall take precautions method like staying for distance and observe.

If something bad really happen to me after I'm trying to help someone, may be, just may be my last hope for humanity will vanish and I will never try to help again.

But for now, I will not repeat the same mistake again.

Let's build faith for humanity.



Cheers.

-closedown-

0 comments: