Pages

Ads 468x60px

Monday, October 10, 2011

Hunger for Food @ KK - Coconut Pudding + Yu Kee Bakuteh

This is a Cari Makan post in KK, Sabah. A little guide for those who will come to Sabah to cari makan.

1. Coconut Pudding near Telipok/Tuaran.

Photobucket

My colleague introduced me this place, saying that this stalls was promoted on local TV show. There are many stalls around here but actually all do taste the same, because the recipe already open to public. It's not family secret anymore.

Personally I think that Malaysian should know how to patent our very own recipe. We got lots of nice food with original Malaysian flavour which love by foreigners. Somehow some countries may steal take action and patent the recipe before us.

Continue my story.



I tried coconut pudding once, and when JenJen came, I brought her to there again.

Photobucket
Take pic before itadakimasu. 

Photobucket
White pudding inside.

Photobucket
Yea, this is well-known pudding coconut (RM4). Looks delicious!

The recipe is too easy to get. I asked my colleague how to make this pudding, then he called the girl and asked her the recipe and she told us everything. Oh gosh, how kind is our people.

How to make a pudding coconut:
1. Cut an opening on a young coconut and take out its juice.
2. Mix the coconut juice, milk, pudding powder and sugar and pour back into the coconut.
3. Freeze it for N minutes and ready to serve.

You can see lots of people come here and order these coconuts everyday. Honestly, this pudding taste normal only but it do look SPECIAL.

I told JenJen I wanna quit my job and sell this coconut pudding  in Kuching. She said ok. LOL.

Perhaps I can put ABC inside coconut and call it ABC coconut. Or BBQ pork, fried rice or anything edible and people will eventually come queue up and buy it. This is creativity. I'm going to make my first million dollar by doing this coconut business in Kuching!

Well, dream it. :p

I ordered BBQ coconut (coconut bakar RM3) which I ever drank in Hatyai, Thailand.

Photobucket

How to make a coconut bakar:
1. Pick a young coconut.
2. BBQ the coconut for several minutes like how u bbq your chicken wing or sausage.
3. Slash off the burned outer skin of coconut and ready to serve.

Photobucket

This coconut bakar is totally sucks till the max. It's like boil your coconut juice and drink it. Hatyai's coconut bakar is much more nicer than this one. If you go to Thailand, you should try theirs :)

Meanwhile, they sell oyster here, they call it "Lokan", sounds like Longkang for me. -_-

Photobucket
With lime and chili topping on it.

You can order fresh lokan or bbq lokan, price around RM7 - RM12 depends on lokan size.

Photobucket

Not bad for me if you are an oyster lover.

I heard that after eat this oyster, by the night time very sure HIONG!

But that night I didn't feel any hiong-ness. @.@

2. Yu Kee Bakuteh

Photobucket

佑记 bakuteh, located at Jalan Gaya, center of Kota Kinabalu.

My colleague said it is THE BEST bakuteh in KK.

That's why I fricking drove 45 minutes journey using a car which air-conditioner already broke down, driving around KK for half hour, just looking for this place.

Photobucket

And fricking stuck in slow jam during weekend for half hour, enjoying sauna in my car to get to - what they called BEST KK BAKUTEH.

This place was packed with people. Truly packed.

Photobucket

Tauke helped us ordered bakuteh for 2 pax. I was surprised when I saw what they put on my table.

Photobucket

What is that? Best Bakuteh?

In front of me is a bowl of plain rice; on the left, the bowl which i put my spoon is their BAKUTEH SOUP; on the right is you zha kueh, and the 3 white bowl above is 3 layer pork+pig intensine+pork rib. This dinner costs us RM25++.

I thought the essence of bakuteh is about the SOUP, however this is beyond my expectation about their definition of "BEST".

The soup taste like a bakuteh soup diluted with pipe water. That sucks. My colleague and I agreed that this bakuteh sucks till the max and this visit will be only ONCE in a lifetime.

Photobucket

I still don't understand what so attractive till the people willing to queue for this DILUTED bakuteh soup.

Afterward, I got an answer.

It's FENG SHUI!



On the other hand, just beside the noisy and packed shop, there is another bakuteh shop.

Photobucket

Totally kosong, no customer at all. Such a huge contrast.

Photobucket

Conclusion, never underestimate the power of FENG SHUI.

P/S: The best bakuteh still belong to Klang's bakuteh.

-closedown-

0 comments: