Pages

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Definition of Money: RM5

Few years ago, I was eating at 7th miles food court in Kuching.

There's a little stall which sells handsets and reload services beside the food court.

I notice there's a white hair old labour worker who wore a very dirty outfit with mud on his pants, walking towards the stall.

He pulled out one crumbled RM5 note from his pocket and put on the counter.

"I want to reload RM5 to my number." He told the counter staff.

The counter lady replied:" Sorry sir, we only provide minimum of RM10 reload services."

The old man stalled at there, asking: "When will you have RM5 reload card?"

And the lady explained to him:" Now telco don't sell RM5 reload card anymore, sorry."

The old man took back the crumbled note and walked away.

That time, I was puzzled and confused.

I was wondering why he didn't give the lady another RM5 to reload his number.

This question stuck in my head since then.

Slowly, I grow up but I started to understand.

I was a secondary school student. I live in happiness which I'm unaware of.

I got everything I need, food, a comfortable living place, transportation, daily expenses and of course money.

I might not be very rich but I do not lack of anything major during my teenager period.

That's why I don't understand the definition of RM5 for that old man.

RM5 for me is just another 1 meal, 2 and half hours of cyber cafe gaming or 1 drink in a cafe. That's why I don't understand his feeling.

I wouldn't feel anything if I lost a RM5 note.

RM5 for the old man may be is his one day expenses. That's why he appreciates his RM5 so much.

The definition of money for every individual person is totally different.

Luckily for me, I'm aware of the blissful life I have compare to others, that's why I'm trying to appreciate everything I have.

Cheers.

-closedown-

0 comments: