Pages

Ads 468x60px

Monday, March 25, 2013

Definition of Money: 40 cents

Here's another story of mine.

Last year, I went to seafood restaurant to join a lunch with colleagues and contractor.

After finish a very fulfilling lunch, the contractor asked a waitress for the bill.

The waitress came back and telling him the bill amount is RM120.60.

He handed her 3 nos of RM50 notes.

Minutes later, she headed back with changes of RM30 and 40 cents on her hands.

The contractor took the RM30 and put in his wallet.

The waitress paused at there and wanted to pass the 40 cents to him politely.

At that moment, he gave her a very inpatient look and replied in a very obnoxious manner:" Pergi beli gula gula lah! / Go and buy sweets with that lah!"

I was shocked.

If someone treated me like that, I will fucking throw that 40 cents to his face, like I was going to live my dignity with his 40 cents.

Surprisingly, the waitress looked very happy, hold that 40 cents in her palm tightly and greeted thank you many times to him with a very happy face.

The definition of 40 cents is so much different between her and mine.

-closedown-

0 comments: