Pages

Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Kiwi the Silence Hamster

A story about Kiwi the Silence Hamster.

Kiwi was adopted by JenJen and me 1 years+ ago.

Photobucket

He s was 1 month old when we bought him. The first sight we looked at him, we decided to buy him. He was sooooo tiny compare to other brothers & sisters around him.

He was cute because of his tiny-mini size. But as soon as he grew up, he didn't become as lovely as we wished for. We wished for a hamster which would cuddle in our palm quietly & allowed us to take his photos.

In fact, he's too active, superb naughty that he never stop running out of my hands. We never succeed to take a good pic of him, only end up some fluffy grey things on my hand.

Photobucket
fluffy grey things

Photobucket
Super Sonic Hamster!

The only time he really stay quietly and cuddling on my hand was 10/11/2010. He was too weak to run, he just sleep quietly on my hand.

Photobucket


Photobucket
I gave him the title "The Silence Hamster" because he's silence, or I can say he's mute. I'm not sure but he never produce a sound from his mouth even he's in pain. Never. I heard hamsters are noisy but not for Kiwi.

He bite. It's pain. But only for the first few weeks, he bite because he curious or playful. He didn't really bite, but he nibble. I can differentiate between nibble and bite because I saw he bite cb jui's finger ( which I think cb jui deserved it because he offered Kiwi his finger, willingly, so I think it's not Kiwi's fault :p ), cb jui even tried to swing Kiwi away brutally but Kiwi didn't even want to let go!

I think it's Kiwi's most joyfu l(痛快) moment because he never bite so hard! So, I confirmed that he nibbled me but when he used to me, he just lazy to nibble me again.

One tips of JenJen on training your hamster not to bite is BLOW the hamster's head whenever it's biting you. Of course don't blow too hard till it fly away la XD And Voila! It works! Of course you need to let it bite for few times for training purpose :)

Oh, he stayed quietly for any photo session when he's eating. Cis!Only serve for food!

Photobucket

From the first day till now, JenJen never touch him even she is his owner, who really care and love him. JenJen is a very responsible pet owner, compared to 99% hamster pet owner out there. She took a very detail survey and study on hamster from forum before she adopted Kiwi. She know what food, environment, wooden ashes, basic needs, etc that are good for hamsters. She bought him a small cage, then upgraded to larger one because he looked stress and always bite the small cage's steel. It didn't happen anymore once he had his new big house.

She bought him one bigger wheel and one hamster ball for him. She feed him very expensive quality hamster food RM25+ per pack, comparing to RM5 unhealthy food sold in pet store. So she know lots of tips regarding hamsters, you may consult her for any hamster knowledge :) But the big FAIL is she too scared to touch it. She said she scared Kiwi bite her.


Photobucket
 His hamster ball that he's too lazy to run.

The closest moment of her and Kiwi is when he's about to go to heaven. She held him on palm, or placed him on her lap. He didn't bite, isn't it?

Photobucket

Kiwi is a bond between JenJen and me. Sometimes, we had arguments but somehow Kiwi brought us back because two of us need to take care of him together. :)

A grown up hamsters are more likely become food for fishes or snakes because nobody want an adult hamsters. Eventually, Kiwi had a good life with us, I think he's d@mn lucky that we adopt him, especially got an owner like JenJen. She cleaned his cage twice a week. If me, probably once per month? ROFL! He had a BIG clean two storey cage! A seesaw and two big wheels that nobody fight with him, a bowl full of healthy food, unlimited source of fresh water, a big bath tub with scented bathing sand. We even brought him to vet even we know that medicine may cost more than the price we bought him.

Photobucket
JenJen covered the cage to prevent him catch his fever.

Photobucket
JenJen discovered that Kiwi like tissue papers!

Photobucket
Say Cheese!

Photobucket
One & half year, he's old.

Photobucket
And weak already.

On 10 November 2010, the day before I went to Miri with mom. JenJen asked me to stay in Kuching, accompanying her that she's scared if Kiwi passed away during the days I left. At that night, he looked like he really couldn't make it. We brought him to vet. Doctor said she couldn't do anything because he's a tiny animal. We were given with antibiotics and vitamin C and asked to feed him with those but he was too weak that he couldn't drink or swallow anything.

Photobucket
A few hours before he really gone forever.

And then JenJen discovered that he really gone. Around 12am-1am. No struggling no screaming. Rest in PEACE.

The next day, we buried him in front of my house. Jenjen made his coffin with shoebox, a little wooden ashes, flower petals and the ceramics round thing that he used to sleep on it.

Photobucket

There's too much memories of Kiwi that I can't really list them out. It's really sad if wanna write all of them out because the more I dig out from my memories, the more I will know how much I miss him and how much I love him. That's why I don't like to look back to old days.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Yet, Kiwi is a chapter in our life.

The end.

3 comments:

whisperr said...

wow, this is sad.. huhu

JoJo said...

thanks :) it's ok :)

woei said...

i got tears in my eyes T.T